Since the Preview 4 has just been released, and we’re getting close to the final release, i thought it would be a good idea to check out what are the system requirements for Mountain Lion.
Well, let me say you something. They’re tight. Yeah. Most of you are probably gonna need to buy new hardware, if you still wanna run this big cat. Mountain Lion needs..:
- 64-Bit Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better required
- Ability to boot into OS X 64-bit kernel
- Advanced GPU chipset required
- Internet connection required to download and install OS X 10.8
- MacBook Pro – 13″ from mid 2009 or later, 15″ from late 2007 and newer, 17″ from late 2007 and newer
- MacBook Air – late 2008 and newer
- iMac – models from mid 2007 and newer
- MacBook – 13″ aluminum from 2008, 13″ from 2009 and newer
- Mac Mini – early 2009 and newer
- Mac Pro – early 2008 models and newer
- XServe – early 2009 models and newer
Anything else is ‘deprecated’. So… where are you standing? do you need to spend money… or not?. (Excuses, excuses… i wanna buy a new Mac Retina!).